- Funding – How to Prepare and Submit Your Proposal
NSF Proposal Guides
- Proposal & Award Policies Procedures Guide (PAPPG)
- Grants.gov Application Guide, January 2016
Gelfand STEM Center Broader Impact Criterion
Insource Your Outreach: Addressing NSF’s Broader Impacts Criterion
NSF instituted revised Merit Review Criteria in January 2013. The Broader Impacts criterion is intended to promote the advancement of scientific knowledge and activities that contribute to the achievement of societally relevant outcomes.
Such outcomes could include:
• Full participation of women, persons with disabilities, and underrepresented minorities in STEM disciplines;
• Improved STEM education and educator development at any level;
• Increased public scientific literacy and public engagement with science and technology;
• Improved well-being of individuals in society;
• Development of a diverse, globally competitive STEM workforce;
• Increased partnerships between academia, industry, and others;
• Improved national security;
• Increased economic competitiveness of the United States;
• Enhanced infrastructure for research and education.
The Gelfand Center can connect your educational outreach with existing pre-college STEM programs on campus consistent with NSF’s Broader Impacts goals. In addition, we can offer a wide range of venues to communicate and disseminate your research to a variety of audiences.
Visit Leonard Gelfand STEM Center for more information!