Any registration for a TEF test/exam session for e-TEF for naturalization, e-TEFCanada, e-TEFAQ or e-DFP Diploma of French for Professions is taken into account upon receipt of payment by credit card via the IFSPEC Website. Successful registration is subject to seating availability.
Please note registration for any given test or exam closes 8 days before the exam date.
All candidate must enter their ID number on the secure registration and payment page.
IMPORTANT: TEF Canada, TEFAQ and TEF for Naturalization candidates must enter the ID that they used on their immigration application.
A few days before the exam session, the participant receives notification by email mentioning directions to the exam center, the conditions of access to the exam room and the exam schedule.
Your registration is confirmed when you have received the three documents / receipts listed below:
- an automated notification from IFSPEC
- a personalized message from the IFSPEC Manager
- your credit card e-receipt for the amount of the test/exam
The hours listed in the notification must be respected. Otherwise, the participant’s registration will be invalidated.
Certificate of results
– About three weeks after passing a TEF test or a DFP diploma, the candidate will receive an electronic certificate of results issued by CCI Paris Ile-de-France.
– For TEF Canada, TEFAQ and TEF for Naturalization, original certificates will be mailed to the postal address recorded in your registration. Only those original certificates are valid for immigration files.
– In case an error or modification (in the name, first name or date of birth of the candidate) is not indicated on the registration sheet on the day of the test/exam, no correction will be possible after the test/exam session.
Billing and payment
Payments for test/exam fees can only be made by credit card through the IFSPEC Website during the registration process. A receipt will be sent by e-mail to all registrants once the test/exam fee has been received and the test session is confirmed.
See registration pages under “Exams”
Cancellation, absence, refunds
In case of an unjustified/undocumented absence or cancellation from a scheduled test session, test/exam fees are non-refundable.
In case of cancellation of a registration before the day of the TEF or DPF test/exam session or absence on the day of the TEF or DFP test/exam session, the candidate must provide justification for his/her absence. Relevant medical or professional documentation must be submitted to the IFSPEC Center who will forward it to the CCI Paris Ile-de-France. Only illness, professional reasons, death and bereavement or other valid unexpected circumstances will be taken into account.
The IFSPEC and the CCI Paris Ile-de-France will review documentation on a case-by-case basis and, upon approval of the board, may allow the candidate to take a make-up test/exam without any additional costs. In such case, the candidate will be informed in due time.