Associate Professor of Chemistry
Degree: PhD, The Scripps Research Institute
Chemical Biology, Biochemistry, Organic, Pharmaceutical
- B.S. Chemistry, 1994, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- M.S. Chemistry, 1996, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
- Ph.D. Chemistry, 2005, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA
- Postdoctoral fellow, 2005-2011, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA
Liang Research Group Site »
Our group develops interdisciplinary strategies and tools applying the concept of controlling proximity to advance the research in epigenetics, RNA, and synthetic biology. Current research focuses include the development of CRISPR-based technology and molecular glues to control and study the function of post-transcriptional and post-translational modifications on RNAs and chromatins in biological and disease processes. We are also developing strategies to reprogram mammalian cells that generate novel functions in response to cellular and disease signal cues. One focus area is to engineer synthetic immune cells for cancer therapy.
- Chen, J., # Nguyen, H., # Yang, M., Zeng, F., Xu, Hang, Liang, F. -S.,* Wang, W.* A Theranostic Abscisic Acid-based Molecular Glue. Chem. Sci. 2023. doi.org/10.1039/D2SC06995D.
- Xu, Y., Tian, N., Shi, H., Zhou, C., Wang, Y., Liang, F. -S.* A Split CRISPR/Cas13b System for Conditional RNA Regulation and Editing. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2023, 145, 5561.
- Shi, H., # Xu, Y., # Tian, N., Yang, M., Liang, F. -S.* Inducible and Reversible RNA N6- Methyladenosine Editing. Nat. Commun. 2022, 13, 1958.
- Zhao, W., # Xu, Y., # Wang, Y., Gao, D., King, J., Xu, Y., Liang, F. -S.* Investigating crosstalk between H3K27 acetylation and H3K4 trimethylation in CRISPR/dCasbased epigenome editing and gene activation. Sci. Rep. 2021, 11, 15912.
- Bhattarai, U., # Hsieh, W. -C., # Yan, H., Guo, Z. -F., Shaikh, A. Y., Soltani, A., Song, Y., Ly, D. H., *Liang, F. -S.* Bifunctional small molecule-oligonucleotide hybrid as microRNA inhibitor. Bioorg. Med. Chem. 2020, 28, 115394.
- Yan, H., Zhou, M., Bhattarai, U., Song, Y., Zheng, M., Cai, J.,* Liang, F. -S.* Cyclic peptidomimetics as inhibitor for miR-155 biogenesis. Mol. Pharm. 2019, 16, 914.
- Zhao, W., Nguyen, H, Zeng, G., Gao, D. Yan H., Liang, F-S.* “Chemically Induced Proximity System Engineered from the Plant Auxin Signaling Pathway” Chem. Sci. 2018, 9, 5822.
- Chen, T.#, Gao, D.#, Zhang, R., Zeng, G.,Yan, H., Lim, E., Liang, F-S.* “Chemically Controlled Epigenome Editing Through an Inducible dCas9 System” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 11337.
- Yan, H., Bhattarai, U., Guo, Z., Liang, F. -S.* “Regulating miRNA-21 Biogenesis by Bi-functional Small Molecules” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 4987.
We welcome applications for postdoctoral associates, graduate students, and undergraduate students. Potential graduate and undergraduate students should email email@example.com for more information. Postdoctoral applicants should send inquires and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.