Have an enjoyable and relaxing winter break! Once you have re-energized, consider doing the following before returning to campus.
- Apply for advertised summer or post-graduation positions.
- Make a list of other organizations to which you will apply. See your fall advising meeting notes, these resources, newsletter archives, and the KSL e-book Careers in International Affairs.
- Draft template cover letters and resumés.
- Make a list of funding opportunities to which you will apply.
- Develop your checklist for applying for funding.
- Discuss with your mentor (if you are a junior or senior) your summer and/or post-graduation plans.
Cato Institute Summer Internship
The Cato institute provide students with a paid, policy research internship in various departments, such as healthcare and foreign policy. Internships are also offered in the Fall and Spring. Applications close February 15, 2020.
SIR Online Publication Submissions
Sigma Iota Rho’s online Journal of International Relations is seeking bloggers, op-ed articles, and research articles for its online platform, SIRjournal.org. Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis.
Polka Brunch with Santa
December 15, 12-2pm, Music Box Supper Club
Enjoy some “punk polka” and traditional polka music performed by the Chardon Polka Band.
The International Studies Program does not endorse or sponsor the fellowships, internships, jobs, and other opportunities listed in the newsletter. Students are encouraged to evaluate them.